Triple Point Energy is seeking a full-time Statistical Analyst to help deliver Strategic Energy Management to industrial facilities. One element of Strategic Energy Management is monitoring and communicating expected energy use in order to both drive changes and measure efficiency improvements. This is achieved through the creation of a predictive model that correlates energy consumption to key variables (production, weather, etc.) that impact energy consumption.
This position will be based in our Portland, OR office and may include some travel. A valid driver’s license is required.
Requirements and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining statistical models for multiple facilities, and assisting staff with the development of reports. These reports are provided to the facility and our utility clients to report on the progress of the energy saving initiative. The candidate should have extensive experience with the mathematical principles and parameters of regression analysis, and ideally some experience and understanding of the energy efficiency industry and the analysis of industrial system performance. Key duties and skills (by category) required for this position include:
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods and procedures including, but not limited to, linear regression, multiple regression, ANOVA, etc. . .
- Experience with statistical analysis software — ideally JMP and/or SAS
- Working with large data sets in Excel
- Following quality control procedures
- Communicating statistical analysis process and outcomes to non-technical clients
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures in all aspects of the work
Communication and Client Management:
- Strong written, oral, and public speaking communication skills
- Soliciting commitment from executives and plant management
- A desire and ability to provide excellent customer service
- The ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or another related discipline, and a minimum of five years of experience conducting statistical analysis. Our ideal candidate will possess knowledge and experience using statistical analysis tools such as JMP, SAS, etc.
We offer a competitive base salary, benefits, and negotiable relocation costs. Please provide salary requirements in your response.
About Triple Point Energy
Triple Point Energy is a consulting firm specializing in delivering continuous improvement for industrial energy efficiency to utilities and their key customers.
Please provide a resume that outlines the specific experience relative to the position you are applying for and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please note — responses containing salary requirements will be given priority.