Continuous Improvement Engineer
Making a difference is a team effort at Triple Point Energy. Our tagline is “Improving business and community through energy efficiency,” and our staff is individually and collectively committed to this value. We are a growing industry leader in developing and delivering industrial Strategic Energy Management (SEM) energy efficiency programs and have offices across the US. Our focus is on achieving measurable energy efficiency from operations and maintenance (O&M) improvements in commercial and industrial facilities. Our clients benefit from higher profits, lower costs, and increased quality and safety, and we get to see the positive results of our work.
Employees at Triple Point Energy are enthusiastic, driven, conscientious, and flexible. We support each other through a team environment that fosters personal growth, and are looking for full-time Continuous Improvement Engineer who shares our commitment to innovation and excellence.
Continuous Improvement Engineer responsibilities include delivering continuous improvement consulting services including energy efficiency technical analysis, workshop delivery, and project management and coordination to multiple industrial facilities simultaneously. Specific elements of this position include:
Statistical Analysis: Quantifying energy savings achieved by customers primarily through time-series multiple regression.
Industrial Engineering: Helping industrial facilities identify opportunities to reduce energy consumption.
Project and Client Management: Coordinating and delivering continuous improvement plans to multiple facilities concurrently, while meeting the schedule and budget associated with those projects.
Leadership Communication and Organization: Communicating with all levels of facility staff, from hourly employees to executives.
Facilitation: Engaging senior management, leading employee engagement and Kaizen events, and training workshops.
- Experience gathering and manipulating data in Excel, with aptitude and desire to learn advanced statistical analysis methods and software.
- Solid technical understanding of improving industrial processes and systems such as compressed air, fans and blowers, pumps, process heating and cooling, HVAC, etc.
- Exceptional organizational and communication (oral, written, and e-mail) skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to comply with and adhere to all safety requirements at industrial sites.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of data, processes and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, mathematics/statistics, or another related field.
- Experience in industrial continuous improvement and/or energy efficiency improvement is highly desirable.
- Valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive base salary, benefits and negotiable relocation costs. This position is based in our Portland office, and some travel is required.
Selected candidates will complete a statistical analysis and other work-related exercise (such as document review and editing), attend a minimum of two interviews, and provide personal and business references.
Please provide a resume that outlines the specific experience relative to this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note – responses containing salary requirements will be given priority. We apologize in advance that we may not be able to respond to all applicants.